Thursday, May 5, 2011

Loose Threads

• Angelina Jolie was reportedly spotted in Cambodia earlier this week, fueling rumors that she's starring in Louis Vuitton’s next “core values” campaign, shot by Annie Leibovitz.

• Liv Tyler is on the cover of this month’s Vogue Turkey.

• Alistair Carr is developing accessories lines at Pringle of Scotland as part of an overhaul to refocus the brand.

• Hearst has signed a deal with Apple so that digital subscriptions for its magazines can be bought on the iPad.

• The Italian judge who ruled in the Dolce & Gabbana tax-fraud case recently has said that the country’s Revenue Office brought charges “with a carelessness that was frankly excessive.”

• Kate Bosworth’s commercial for Cotton Incorporated has debuted.

• The second Karl Lagerfeld–directed Magnum ice cream ad starring Rachel Bilson and Baptiste Giaboconi is out. Yay! This one is even “better” than the first.

• Karl also described Rachel as “a divine little American actress.” Another quote: “I hate to be limited in an ivory tower, which could happen very easily in this kind of fashion world. I hate ivory towers. But I don't use cell phones. I read, I write, I love faxes, I like to take notes. I hate to be on the phone, I think it's an intrusion. I'm reading, I'm sketching, I don't want to be interrupted."

• The display in Marc Jacobs’s West Village store window shows a lesbian couple getting married as part of an effort to promote marriage equality in New York.

• Burberry continues to launch a new ad campaign each month this season: May’s ad stars Karen Anne and indie-folk singer Johnny Flynn.

• Madonna donated a pair of signed Chanel boots to an auction at LaGuardia Arts High School.

• Here are the scarves that Kanye West, George Condo, and M/M Paris collaborated on.

• Stella McCartney has designed a collection with Adidas for the 2012 Olympics, and here’s a film going behind the scenes at a shoot of the clothes.

• Bryanboy has signed a representation deal and now has a team from Creative Artists Agency behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Empire Cruises, Cretive Director

Since 2010, Empire Cruises has offered affordable and fun private boat rentals in New York City. I lead a wonderful team that included 7 ves...