Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Guy John Galliano Got in a Fight With at That Bar Doesn’t Think He’s an Anti-Semite, Just ‘Very Ill’

The fashion industry is on John Galliano's side, a team that seems to get bigger by the day. Its latest member is the guy who accused Galliano of slinging nasty racist insults at him and his girlfriend. Seems he's not that mad. "For me it was a simple bar dispute," Philipe Virgitti explains.

"We were having a beer when he sat beside us. He got aggressive, turned to my friend and said 'Your voice is annoying me, you're speaking too loudly'."


Asked if he had used anti-Semitic language, Virgitti answered, "Yes, although I'm not convinced now that he really meant them. I don't think he is racist or anti-Semitic. I just think he's very ill."

This is great news for Galliano's legal team, who have to prove he's not a racist in the trial brought against him by this bar fight. Really, what Virgitti wants is not for Galliano to go to jail or pay a fine — but to make pretty clothes again!
"John Galliano does not deserve this," Virgitti added, the Times reports. "I would like Mr Galliano to benefit from this unhappy story by drinking a little less and getting back to making the dresses and shows that he did so well."

The way things are going it seems like he will get to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Empire Cruises, Cretive Director

Since 2010, Empire Cruises has offered affordable and fun private boat rentals in New York City. I lead a wonderful team that included 7 ves...