Friday, September 10, 2010

Loose Threads



• Naomi Campbell: “I used to fight everything. I used to be, like, ‘Why am I in a restaurant and that person is staring at me?’ I used to put on a pair of glasses and a hat and then wonder, ‘How do they know it’s me?’ That’s my irrationality. I’m a recovering person in progress. Every rehabilitation program I’ve been in says the same thing: Getting past the denial is half the battle. Take responsibility for your actions. No matter who you are, a banker or a model or an aesthetician, if you don’t do that, you’ll find yourself living in an insanity world.”

• Tatler magazine named Olivia Palermo girl of the year. Is she really as surprised as she looks?

• Chanel is reopening its Spring Street store tomorrow, and shoppers can expect to see a new, ten-foot-high acrylic bottle of Chanel No. 5 outfitted with video screens.

• Manolo Blahnik is confused by his success. “I don't know why my shoes are so popular — I am always surprised and mystified by it. Perhaps it's because they don't have a set time period or ageing look to them.”

• Rumi “Fashion Toast” Neely will model in Rebecca Minkoff’s presentation on Sunday.

• J. Brand partnered with Erdem, Christopher Kane, Peter Pilotto, Richard Nicoll, and Meadham Kirchhoff on a limited-edition denim collection.

• Vena Cava’s Sophie Buhai on live-streaming fashion shows: “Oh, my God. It would have been the most exciting thing to be able to gather around, and geek out with your fashion friends like you can do today.”

• Men fall victim to vanity sizing, too. An Esquire reporter measured seven pairs of pants from seven different brands, and all of the waistbands turned out to be longer than the reported 36 inches.

• Victoria and David Beckham have quickie elevator sex in this ad for the couple’s new scent, Intimately Beckham Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Empire Cruises, Cretive Director

Since 2010, Empire Cruises has offered affordable and fun private boat rentals in New York City. I lead a wonderful team that included 7 ves...